Christmas is my all time favourite holiday. It is so much fun, but tends to be quite stressful too. With all the present buying, rushing to be ready in time and just the end-of-year rushing, it makes it hard to relax and really enjoy the holiday. I love spending Christmas Eve relaxing and de-stressing, all ready for Christmas Day. Here is what I do to get in the festive spirit...
1. Cheesy Christmas music. C'mon, you know you love it ;) My favourite Christmas song is Tijuana Christmas, my grandparents play the record every year and it always makes me so happy.
2. Christmas videos on YouTube. Watching my favourite YouTuber's Christmas videos really inspires me with my gift making and Christmas decorating. I know it's a bit late for this now, but watching the videos are still so fun to do at this time of year. Some of my personal favourites are these - 5 Holiday DIY Projects, Holiday Party Looks and Easy + Yummy Holiday Recpies.
3. Christmas Beauty Products. Christmas beauty products are a must for the holiday season! This Celebrate Body Lotion by LUSH smells like Christmas in a bottle. ahh it just smells so good and is the perfect lotion for your legs on Christmas Eve + Day!
5. Movie Marathon. Christmas movies are so, so much fun to watch with friends and/or family. My all time favourites are Elf, Home Alone, Love Actually, The Holiday, Meet Me in St. Louis and Edward Scissorhands.
6. Red Lips. Something about red lips just screams Christmas, so I always like to put a little bit on for Christmas Eve. In this photo I am using my lovely Santa Baby Lip Tint from LUSH. It again smells just amazing and is so moisturising, too.
7. New Pyjamas. We have a tradition at our house, that each Christmas Eve my brother and I both receive a new set of pyjamas. Little traditions is what makes Christmas time so special.
8. Last minute present wrapping. If you're like me (and leave everything to the last minute) Christmas Eve is a great time to get all your present wrapping done. There is some lovely wrapping paper + tag printables for Christmas here.
9. Relax and de-stress. Making sure to relax and de-stress before Christmas is crucial! I usually have a nice, warm bath or shower using my favourite Christmas products. This year I am using the LUSH Snow Fairy Shower Gel, Golden Wonder Bath Bomb and the Gold Fun (best invention ever!!).
10. Watch the carols. Watching the carols on TV (or even going to them in person) is a great way to spend Christmas Eve with your family. If you are religious you could even go to your local church to hear the nativity story and sing carols (there is usually a service on Christmas Eve).
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank-you so incredibly much for all your support this year, it means the absolute world to me. I wouldn't be anywhere without you guys - I hope you have all had the best year ever! Much love xx